Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Just Didn't Know....

No, I didn't know...I didn't know that I could love her without limits. I didn't know that the sound of her laugh and smile on her face would make my heart sing. I didn't know that I would feel so blessed and lucky every night I lay down to sleep and she let me wrap my arms around her little body. I just didn't know that there would be such joy and so much love flowing from my heart for this little human being.

There isn't a day that I don't feel that God has blessed us with Keira. I am so emotional since I've become a mother...maybe that's why I'm writing this sappy post. We lie in bed to watch her sleep. If I go out without her, I can't wait to come home to see her and give her a hug. I know that it's the same for Per. We went to visit Per today at his office and Keira was sleeping in the car. He stopped what he was doing and went downstairs to the car just to take a peek at her. In the evenings, even when she's sleeping, Per likes to tip toe into our room to check up on her and just to look at her.

It's been six months. We still have to pinch ourselves to make sure that it's real and that she is real. There are often times that I just want to cry when I think of what life was like without her. And, there are often times that I just want to cry because she makes me so happy. Ever since Keira came along, I'm much more of a sap and have tendencies towards crying a lot. :)

She is such a joy in our lives. She makes our family complete, our little Keira. It was meant to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message