Saturday, May 16, 2009

What are we doing on a Saturday night?


Watching Eurovision 2009, of course!

For those of you who don't know, Eurovision is an international song contest whereby countries, represeted by their respective public broadcasters, participate in one television show, to be transmitted simultaneously in all represented nations. At the end of the contest every country calls into the show and votes.

I have to say that a lot of the contestants in the Eurovision contest this year were fantastic. Here's my short list:

Norway
United Kingdom
Estonia
Finland
Malta

Per's list is:
UK
Bosnia
Estonia

Viewers can vote and every country also has a jury that votes. Each country (there's 42 of them) comes on TV and tells all the other countries which country they voted for and what the spread of points is.

I was a little worked up at the end of the show because they flashed the phone number to viewers to vote kind of early without saying anything...so, I voted for Alexander Rybak from Norway two times before I was told that I couldn't vote for Norway. Well, too bad. I already did it and I don't feel like paying another 5 NOK to vote for someone else. So, then what do I get? An SMS advising that my votes didn't count because I have Norwegian telephone. Damn. Should have done it from my German phone.

And, the winner is....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message