Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, sirree, there is cause for celebration

Hot diggety dog! Boy, do I have something to celebrate today.

1. Keira GOT it. She is potty trained.
Ok, not potty, potty trained in the sense of the fact that she goes to the toilet by herself or anything. But the girl can now get on the toilet and let the pee pee go! Woo hoo! Yeah, baby and it only took 5 intense days..haha!

I have a timer that I use and I've set it to ring every 20 minutes. Who knew that 20 minutes could pass so fast or that a whole day consists of just marking when the next 20 minutes shall happen? When the bell goes off, then Keira knows that it's time to visit the toilet. The first four days were such a struggle. Either she had accidents on the floor or even if she made it to the toilet, she would sit for 30minutes at a time and nothing would happen because she didn't like the feeling of the pee pee running down her butt. I fed her tons and tons of her favorite juice and lots of salty snacks so I could get her to go more often. Well, I guess it worked!

Tomorrow...we are moving the timer to every 30 minutes. Yeah. I get an extra 10 minutes of reprieve...no, just kidding. I am so proud of that little one. She is the best. Let's just see how the whole thing progresses now as we move back to Norway on Friday.

2. Oh, yeah...forgot to mention. We PACKED all day.
Yes, we are getting the hell out of dodge. We are leaving Dortmund on Friday and flying back to Norway. I never in a million years thought that I would be happy about it, but I am SOOOO looking foward to being back home.

1 comment:

  1. SEE...i told you...you are gonna have keira completely potty trained way way way before isabella!!!!! you are going to meet your 2 week deadline....
    congrats you super mommy....WHAT DEDICATION!!!! GOOD JOB KEIRA!!!!! GO KEIRA GO KEIRA!!!!!!!yea!!!pee pee in the toilet....way da go !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message