Monday, February 15, 2010

Purging is good for the soul

It is amazing the amount of stuff that one can accumulate in one's life. Ok, I'm specifically talking about me and my stuff. I mean, there's just so much of it. I've spent all day just cleaning out my closet and trying to find room for all the other clothes that I have with me from my trip to the U.S. and my time in Germany.

My closet is overfilled and stuffed to the gills with clothes that I brought with me from the U.S. 8 years ago, belts that I never wear, shirts that I bought and I thought that I would wear, but I don't because they make me look fat. I even found 4 pairs of True Religion wide bell bottomed jeans that I'd been keeping around because I was hoping that that fashion would come back soon and then I wouldn't have to buy any new ones. Ha! No hope of that . Looks like skinny jeans are here to stay.

I found so many sheets and towels that I don't even use and that have probably been gathering dust bunnies on the top shelf of the closet.

Why so much crap? Well, a lot of the stuff is from the U.S. when I moved here 8 years ago and I thought that I'd probably use it some time so why chuck it?

It's been 8 years now. I'm sure if I haven't used it then, I'm not going to suddenly begin using it now.

I am happy to say that I am no longer married to this stuff that I've managed to hang on to for so long and am happy to get rid of it all. Yes! Yes! Bye bye old jeans. Adios linens and things. Hasta la vista, baby!

God, I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a message